- ROTEX SBAN
- POLY-NORM ADR-SBA
- REVOLEX KX-D SB
EMB-STOP S-P-xx-F passive, spring-operated floating caliper brake
Electric, passive disk brakes for the medium force range
The passive floating caliper brake EMB-STOP S-P-xx-F is an electric disk brake (shaft brake).
The electromechanical disk brake EMB-STOP S-P-xx-F covers the medium force range and was originally developed for small wind turbines where they are still used today. Due to the response time of 550 ms, the brake is suitable for applications where the powertrain needs to be protected against torque peaks and the response time is not relevant.
There is a model with shorter response times that is currently being tested.
Properties of the passive, spring-operated disk brake EMB-STOP XS-P-xx-F:
- Electric (electromechanical)
- (Passive) spring-operated
- Disk brake / shaft brake
- Floating caliper brake
- Clamping force up to 55 kN per pad
- Response time approx. 500 ms
Disk brakes and clutches by KTR:
The customer profits from a one-stop supplier meaning it is possible to combine our disk brakes with our clutches. The electric floating caliper brake EMB-STOP S-P-xx-F can be combined with the following clutches:
- ROTEX SBAN (claw clutch with brake disk)
- POLY-NORM ADR-SBA (shaft clutch with brake disk)
- REVOLEX KX-D SB (bolt clutch with brake disk)
- Clamping forces up to 55 kN per pad
- Spring-operated, electromechanically vented
- Mechanical manual actuation / ventilation possible
- Integrated switches/sensors: "triggered", "wear"
- "Plug 'n Play" - low maintenance
- Simple pad replacement
- Suitable for rough ambient conditions;
- Variable clamping force setting ex works
- Large pad surface for low surface pressure and low wear
- Can be combined with our clutches ROTEX SBAN, POLY-NORM ADR-SBA and REVOLEX KX-D SB