At a glance: KTR is at home in industrial markets on all continents with over 440 employees at its headquarters in Rheine, more than 1,100 employees worldwide, 23 subsidiaries and over 90 sales partners.
KTR has been certified to DIN ISO EN 9001:2000 since 1993 and to DIN ISO EN 14001:2005 since June 2008.
There is no need for tradition and innovation to be a contradiction in terms: KTR’s company history shows how far a family business can go. Here are the key stages on the way to becoming a world-leading producer of power transmission components, braking systems, hydraulic components and cooling systems.
We must always be one step ahead of everyone else.
- 1959 KTR founded as subsidiary of F. Tacke GmbH & Co. KG
- 1967 The torsionally flexible jaw coupling ROTEX® is unveiled for the first time
- 1982 KTR’s first international companies are founded in Switzerland and Japan
- 1996 KS Konstrukcje Stalowe KTR Group Sp. z o.o. founded in Poland: steel tank product line set-up, including production facility
- 2003 New building for the KTR logistics centre
- 2008 Logistics centre doubles in size
- 2012 The ‘Made by KTR’ global manufacturing strategy is launched
- 2013 Opening of the TCC Training and Communication Center
- 2014 KTR Brake Systems GmbH founded in Schloss Holte-Stukenbrock and Competence Center for Brake Systems is built
- 2015 The building of the new R & D centre with a multifunctional assembly hall measuring some 8,800 sq. m is completed in Rheine