General description of self-centering internal clamping sets
With the self-centering internal clamping sets (shaft-hub-connection) the centering of hub to shaft is made by the clamping set. In this way additional centering of the hub is not necessary.
CLAMPEX self-centering internal clamping sets allow for a backlash-free and frictionally engaged connection between cylindrical shafts without keyway and hub bores.
The wedge-shaped components of the clamping sets that are shifted on top of each other via clamping screws generate radial forces that provide for friction fit on the contact surfaces of shaft and hub bores.
Thsi friction fit allows for simultaneous transmission of torque and axial force.
The integrated clamping screws are used for clamping and untightening of the clamping sets depending on the type of clamping set.
CLAMPEX internal clamping sets are preferred, among other things, as an alternative to a feather key connection considering their benefits."
Advantages of backlash-free clamping elements
- Simultaneous transmission of torque and axial force
- Ideally suitable for applications with alternating loads
- Permanently non-destructive connection. No shearing of keyways, setscrews, pins, etc.
- Simplified production processes of shaft and hub
- Unlimited alignment of the hub on the shaft
- High power density
- Material savings by smaller shaft and hub dimensions
- Easy asssembly and disassembly via standard tools
- Overload protection of machine elements via slipping (repeated slipping should be avoided)
- Insensitive to dirt
- Easy calculation of the clamping connection
- Corrosion-protected type on request
The transmission figures specified in the catalogue are calculated characteristic figures.
Following tests and the friction coefficient deviation caused by physical properties minor differences with the transmission figures may occur.