KTR-SI FRE idle rotation overload coupling / safety coupling
The core of the overload couplings (safety couplings) is formed by the idle rotation elements. They uncouple the driving and driven side in case of overload while protecting the drive train from damages. After eliminating the overload, the rotation segments are manually re-engaged so that the drive is released again.
In order to set the overload coupling to the requested release torque, a defined pre-stress is generated on the disk springs in each idle rotation element via setting the nut. The number of idle rotation elements within the overload coupling varies depending on the release torque specified.
If requested, the overload coupling can be preset by the manufacturer. It is also possible to adapt the safety coupling while in place.
Applications of our idle rotation overload couplings KTR-SI FRE:
Crushers, steel mills, extruders, tunnel drilling machine, test benches, shredders (recycling)
Overview of our idle rotation overload couplings KTR-SI FRE:
- Idle rotation overload coupling / safety coupling (load-separating)
- High repeating accuracy
- Flange type to connect toothed belt pulleys or sprockets
- Combination with ROTEX®, GEARex® or RADEX®-N
- The intelligent further development of shear pin couplings and hydraulic overload systems
- Setting range up to 60,000 Nm (optionally higher torques possible)