CLAMPEX® external clamping sets
CLAMPEX external clamping sets (shrink disks) allow for a backlash-free and frictionally engaged connection between cylindrical shafts without keyway and hollow shafts. The wedge-shaped components of the clamping sets that are shifted on top of each other via clamping screws generate radial forces which provide for friction fit between the shaft and hollow shaft. This friction fit allows for simultaneous transmission of torque and axial force.
The integrated clamping screws are used for clamping and untightening of the clamping sets depending on the type of clamping set. CLAMPEX clamping elements are preferred, among other things, as an alternative to feather key connections considering their benefits. External clamping sets and clamping elements are also referred to as shrink disks.
- Backlash-free shaft-hollow shaft-connection / shrink disks
- Simultaneous transmission of torque and axial force
- Direct frictionally engaged connection between shaft and hollow shaft
- Applications: hollow shafts, slip-on gear units
- For shaft diameters from 10 to 700 mm
- Transmittable torques from 28 to 7,394,000 Nm