CLAMPEX® clamping sets (clamping elements) allow for a backlash-free and frictionally engaged connection between cylindrical shafts without keyway and hubs.
The wedge-shaped components of the clamping sets that are shifted on top of each other via clamping screws generate radial forces which provide for friction fit between shaft and hub. This friction fit allows for simultaneous transmission of torque and axial force. The integrated clamping screws are used for clamping and untightening of the clamping sets depending on the type of clamping set.
CLAMPEX clamping elements are preferred, among other things, as an alternative to feather key connections considering their benefits.
- Backlsh-free shaft-hub-connection
- Wide range of clamping sets / shrink disks / clamping elements
- Simultaneous transmission of torque and axial force
- Frictionally engaged connection between cylindrical shafts without keyway and hubs
- High power density
- Easy assembly and disassembly via standard tools